The Artificial Body Zone is funded by Wellcome.
Daniel Morse | PhD Student, Cardiff University
I look at how fungi and bacteria from the mouth interact and cause infections, how the cells in the mouth respond, and infect my own home-grown living 3D model of the roof of the mouth (which looks pretty cool under the microscope!).
Ana Gallego | Materials Engineer, Blatchford
I make artificial legs for amputees.
Zach Welshman | PhD Student, University of Leeds
I use a big expensive computer to see how the tiny bones and muscles in the foot move when you run around.
Sophie Cox | Lecturer, University of Birmingham
I use new materials and methods to make bone implants.
Todd Burton | PhD Student, University of Edinburgh
I am trying to find the best environment to grown a kidney in.
Alejandra Aranceta | Research Associate, University of Strathclyde
I work developing robotic arms for people that have lost their hand.
- Aith Junior High School, Shetland
- All Hallows Catholic High School, Lancashire
- Allerton High School, West Yorkshire
- Auchinleck Academy, Auchinleck
- Barr Beacon School, West Midlands
- Blacon High School, Cheshire
- Fishponds Church of England Academy, Bristol
- Dartford Grammar School for Girls, Kent
- Guiseley School, West Yorkshire
- Heathfield Community College, East Sussex
- King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls, West Midlands
- North Harringay Primary School, London
- Notre Dame High School, Greenock
- St Mary’s Christian Brothers’ Grammar School, Antrim
- Stockley Academy, Hillingdon
- The Dukeries Academy, Newark